The Forest City Velodrome has a strong youth membership where we take newer riders and train them to go fast. The Youth Series is an ability, not age based, series where riders with the help of their coaches pick they category based on speed and endurance. This allow racers of different abilties to race together and gain experience and speed. Racing categories will be A, B, C, and D so that even the youngest riders in their first year can get some experience racing. Races will be open to all youth track racers in Ontario and abroad. We hope to see 50 youth race at each event.
The race calender is as follows:
- Sat. November 5 2:30-5:30pm
- Sun November 27 2:00-5:00pm
- Sun December 18 3:00-5:30pm
- Sat January 21 3:00-5:30pm
- Sun February 19 3:00pm-5:30pm
- Sun February 26 3:00pm-5:30pm TT Events/Track Records day
All races are sanctioned by the Ontario Cycling Association as a citizens event. However, the FCV has it's own insurance plan, as such, out of province racers are no longer required to have a UCI license. Your domestic license is sufficient.
Each night racers will participate in scratch, points, elimination, and tempo (point a lap) races. Last man standing races will finish each afternoon (time permitted). All races will be run on abiltiy based categories and distances will be set to the level of each category. Podiums and prizes will be available depending on the number of registrants.
- Scratch - a set number of laps based on ability
- Points - a set number of laps based on ability with sprints after x (typically 5 or 10 laps)
- Elimination - aka Miss and Out, last rider crossing the finish line every three laps is eliminiated
- Tempo - lead rider scores a point on every lap, 4 points for lapping the field