Adult racing has returned to the small track with the focus on Elite, Masters, and Rookie racers. Racing in A, B, and C categories, top racers from Ontario and abroad will take to the boards in scratch, points, miss and out, win and out, tempo last man standing and the all important madison race. Sprint tournaments will be featured as well as Madison races for A and B categories. New adult racers from the Learn to Race series will be invited to test their legs in Rookie events. The goal is to build the adults racing community at the FCV and to give riders from the Milton, Bloomer Park, Cleveland, Kississme, & other velodromes another venue to race all winter long.
Racers will be limited to U19 and above racers with select U17 racers being invited to race . This series will see Elite and Master racers strut their stuff on the small track for prizes and trophies. Our feature race of the season will be the Mary Kelly 100 (women only race) and the FCV Challenge 100 races sporting the best men and women from the province fighting for the spot on the podium for cash and trophies. Racing will be available for all categories on the special event nights with the 100 lap challenge races finishing the night.
All races are sanctioned by the Ontario Cycling Association as a citizens event. However, as the FCV has it's own insurance plan, out of Province racers do not require a UCI license to participate. Your domestic license is sufficient.
The race schedule will coincide with the Young Guns series allowing the younger riders to watch racing. When a race day on Sunday does not follow a Young Guys race event, races are set to start at 3pm to allow out of town racers an opportunity to travel to London, ON and get home the same day. Two big events are set to run at 3pm: Mary Kelly 100 and FCV Challenge 100.
Race Schedule (Tentative):
- Sun November 20 - 3PM Mary Kelly 100 - Racing for ALL categories with Women only 100 lap feature race
- Sun November 27 - 6PM Alymer Express Challenge (same time as Young Guns race)
- Sun December 18 - 3PM Elite Masters Rockies #3
- Sat January 14 - 3PM Elite Masters Rockies #4 (OCUP warm up - OCUP is Jan 15) (Race Training Format unless 16+ riders)
- Sun January 21 - 3PM Elite Masters Rockies #5 (same time as Young Guns race))
- Sun Februrary 19 - 3PM Elite Masters Rockies #6 (same time as Young Guns race)
- Sun Februrary 26 - 3PM Track Record Time Trial Challenge (Flying Lap, 500m, 1K, 2K, 3K Timed Events) - Track Provincials practice
No racing Nov 5 after Young Guns afternoon due to OCA Banquet. No racing Jan 21 after Young Guns due to Milton Velo race night.